Thursday, September 4, 2014

Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars


In Heavenly Rogues Violet is separated from Radley and forced to live with the bad girl biker gang, The Fatals, and the even badder boy gang, The Dirts. She has to attend Wicked High where she is forced to seduce young men and drink the blood of her victims, then write papers about it for school. After experiencing death first hand, Violet retreats into herself.

She plays Snow Patrol--Chasing Cars on her guitar and thinks of Radley and how much she yearns to be with him. "If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?" Like the lyrics of the song describe, Violet imagines just laying there with Radley and escaping from their torturous lives.

Do you have times like that, when you feel like it's all too much? Like you just want to escape this world and just lie there, anywhere. I've felt like that way too much. There have been times that I have just laid on the ground somewhere and just didn't care. There were times that I went to dangerous places and just laid there not caring what happened.

Well, I am not writing this to tell my whole story or how I made it through, but I want to reassure you that life does get better. Sometimes it all seems utterly hopeless, but if you can just wait it out, things turn. Life changes, we change. The problems that seemed too much, have a way of smoothing out. No matter how bad it looks, things will ALWAYS turn around and what looked so bad won't seem so with time. It could take days, weeks, months, or years, but eventually what was hurting you will smooth out. All the tough times mold us into who we are and hopefully, if we allow it, they make us into more caring compassionate people.

This song penetrates my soul. "If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world? Forget what we're told before we get too old. Show me a garden that's bursting into life..."

Violet imagined herself laying in a field of flowers with Radley where they could forget all their suffering. Thanks for joining me on this journey. No matter how tough it gets, let's just lay here and forget the world.
Blessings and love to you,
Brighton